Viper Pilot socks are done!

Seriously I don’t know why these took me so long to knit. It was an embarressingly long 6 weeks to get these puppies off the needles but boy do I love the finished socks. Granted a lot of those 6 weeks were spent not actually knitting on the VP socks but still….

Used Dream in Color Starry in Night Watch on size 1 needles. I really should have gone down to size 0 but because of the many cables I was nervous about the socks fitting over my less than slender calves 🙂   The larger than typical needles meant my row guage was off from the pattern requirements so I only did 1 pattern repeat on the leg rather than the 1.5ish that is written. After tweaking the heel flap pattern to match everything was good to go.

The sock itself isn’t that hard once you learn all the different cables and once I would pick up the needles I would usually motor along just fine until I set them down again and worked on something else. I blame the potholders, they were so simple and portable compared to these.

In other news…I finally joined Twitter. I may be late to the game but come follow me here.

Advertisements