I spent last night spinning up my rainbow dyed roving into singles even though I had vowed to work on Swallowtail. I ended up with this.

Rainbow singles

This evening I wound it up into a centerpull ball using a makeshift lazy kate (empty tissue box and a knitting needle) and proceeded to do what I think is plying. It’s far from pretty. I’m kind of embarrassed to say it took me until I was almost to the end before realizing if I had the ball on the other side of my body it wouldn’t twist up on itself as much. Doh!

Rainbow  Rainbow 2

Because of the way I plied it up I have red yarn, green/blue yarn and every variation in between. Kind of interesting. Kind of weird. I ended up with 70yards for 58gms.

Advertisements